Arenac County buildings & places
Clayton Twp

Lumbermen at Shearer,1892. Shearer was a depot approx on the border between Moffatt & Clayton Twps below the Iosco Co border | Contributed by Angela Kellogg

Clayton School Dist No 2 aka Maple Ridge School established 1928, date unknown | Contributed by Marlene Banks
Deep River Twp

Purchased in 1910, N view of Goodroe farm located in Deep River Twp NE Section 19, along M-76 NW Sterling village limit. | Contributed by Carol Goodroe
Standish

Postcard of Main St Standish looking east, showing Hotel Ryland, 1908 | Contributed by Marcia Ticknor

Standish Mackinaw Central Railroad depot, 1908 postcard. Adams and Rogers of Detroit, contractors, built this Richardsonian Romanesque station in 1889 to replace the 1873 wooden building. MCRR built a duplicate in Lawton in 1890. Serves as a welcome center since c 2007. | Contributed by Marcia Ticknor

Old red brick counry courthouse. 3rd county courthouse but 1st one in Standish built 1892 of "Richardsonian Romanesque" design. Demolish c 1965 to build the 4th courthouse (2nd in Standish), Gerganoff of Ypsilanti, architect; date unknown | Contributed by Robert Kosick

Old Arenac Co courthouse postcard. 3rd county courthouse but 1st one in Standish built 1892 of "Richardsonian Romanesque" design. Demolish c 1965 to build the 4th courthouse (2nd in Standish), Gerganoff of Ypsilanti, architect; date unknown | Contributed by Robert Kosick

Standish Welcome Center. Adams and Rogers of Detroit, contractors, built this Richardsonian Romanesque station in 1889 to replace the 1873 wooden building. MCRR built a duplicate in Lawton in 1890. Serves as a welcome center since c 2007. Photo date 2000 | Contributed by Carol Goodroe

Standish winter scene of town beyond Mobilgas Special blend gasoline pump (probably at Fletchers); date unknown | Contributed by Robert Kosick

The Trading Post sold gas & sundries, package liquor & rented cabins; date unknown | Contributed by Robert Kosick

View of Standish from water tower (probably looking SE)/Undated photo by Wyatt | Contributed by Robert Kosick

Arenac Co Veterans Honor Roll in front of Standish courthouse; date unknown | Contributed by Robert Kosick

Former Standish Hospital on Front St. Turned into apartments in mid 1970s; photo date unknown | Contributed by Carol Goodroe
Sterling

Sterling Hatchery also served as an educational musuem about mass poultry production; date unknown | Contributed by Carol Goodroe

Sterling Grain Elevator situated along railroad track for logistics; date unknown | Contributed by G Knopp
Turner
USGenWeb Notice: In keeping with our policy of providing free information on the Internet, data may be freely used by non-commercial entities, as long as this message remains on all copied material. These electronic pages may NOT be reproduced in any format for profit or presentation by other organizations.

































































